Aquanuts academy was founded on 26 July 1998. We are NAUI affiliated and conduct courses from Scuba Diver to Instructor level. In addition there are a number of specialty courses in offer.The Academy also sells equipment of the top brands and organizes trips and accommodation mostly to Sodwana Bay, but also to overseas destinations such as Mozambique, Zanzibar, Mauritius, Seychelles, Red Sea, etc.
Guest House Self Catering Cottages
The accomodation offered at Triton is both well priced and comfortable. We have four accommodation types at our Lodge in Sodwana Bay available from wooden cabins, brick cabins, en-suite chalets and two bedroom self catering houses - all with thatched roofs .
Triton Dive Lodge also has a decked pool, restaurant and lounge, curio shop, licensed bar, large communal kitchen and barbecue area. The Lodge has a very tranquil and natural atmosphere, large lawn areas and shady indigenous trees making it a lush oasis that stays cool even in the height of summer. Evenings see people relaxing by the braai, swopping tales and meeting new faces with a sun downer drink or two.
Sodwana Road Lodge is conveniently positioned on Sodwana Bay's Main Road. The lodge offers many value adding extras. These include:
An onsite Sodwana Bay conference room
Their conferencing facilities include:
- An overhead projector
- Screen and data projector
- Chairs for delegates
- Notepads, pens and pencils are available on request
- A laptop can be provided where needed
- Lunch and supper
The Sodwana Road Lodge Restaurant serves ala carte meals although guests also have the option of self-catering facilities. In in house internet cafe is available to guests along with three wirelessly connected computers.
The swimming pool offers guest a welcome respite after a long day of adventure. The road lodge also offers transport facilities as a paid for extra along with the following exciting tourist activities in the Sodwana Bay area. These will incur separate costs:
- Sodwana Bay Horse riding
- Sodwana and surrounds Nature Trails
- Scuba diving
- Ocean tours of Sodwana Bay and beyond
- A Sodwana Bay Turtle tour
- Bird trails
- Interactive Sodwana Bay research
- Quad biking
Sodwana Road Lodge welcomes you!
Flat cat Accommodation offers you rural tranquility in a typical norther KwaZulu Natal ambiance.
Our accommodation with lush sub-tropical vegetation is situated approximately 6 km from Sodwana Bay beach - ideal for complete relaxation under clear African sky and beautiful surroundings.
Caravan Park and Camping Sites in Sodwana Bay
- Kitchen (not equipped)
- Shared ablution facilities (spotless)
All Stands Include
- Access to electricity.
- 1 Power point per stand.
- Fresh water at each stand
- All facilities are disbled friendly and wheelchair accessible.
- All stands within security parameter.
- Assistance for setting up camp
- Cleaning facilities for boat, trailer, diving gear, tackle, fish.
- Assistance for the above upon request.
- For your safety, any and all assistance limited to Flat Cat personnel.
Emoyeni Dive Lodge - Sodwana Bay
Emoyeni, meaning "place of the wind" in Zulu, is owned and run by Twobar Scuba. Twobar is a wellknown scuba shop, training and dive charter. Twobar has training facilities both in Pretoria and Sodwana bay. Twobar is a licensed dive operator at Sodwana bay and divers are accommodated at Emoyeni Lodge. They make use of their thorough understanding of divers’ needs to offer secure and cost-effective accommodation and scuba diving in Sodwana Bay.
- Accommodation is available in en-suite chalets, rooms, 3x3m dome tents and campsites.
- The chalets are en-suite and have a double bed and a single bed and bedding is provided.
- Emoyeni has a fully equipped kitchen area for guests and self-catering guests. Catering is available.
- Ablutions consist of clean showers with hot water and toilets etc.
- There is a pool, pool deck and lapa for the use of the guests.
- All facilities are serviced daily.
- Group rates are available.
- We offer scuba diving, scuba diving courses.
- We can arrange for dolphin, turtle and sightseeing tours.
- Deep-sea fishing can be arranged with charter companies.
- Horse riding and microlight flights are available in the area.
- Excursions to Lake Sibaya, Muzi Pans and Ngoboseleni.
- Day-trips to nearby game parks.
Directions to Emonyeni Dive Lodge in Sodwana Bay
- From Johannesburg/Pretoria take the N4 Witbank highway
- After the Middelburg toll plaza take the Hendrina/Ermelo turnoff
- Proceed through Hendrina, Ermelo, Piet Retief and Pongola
- For the dirt road - 50km after Pongola turn of to Jozini. Through Jozini turn right at the fork and follow the signs to Mbazwana and Sodwana
- For the tar road - approx 100km after Pongola turn off to Hluhluwe, through the town and follow the signs to Mbazwana and Sodwana
- Proceed from Mbazwana to Sodwana bay
- Approximately 5km from Mbazwana turn right at the Emoyeni sign and the camp is about 200m on this dirt road
- GPS reference: 27°30.614' S 032°37.227'E
Your Skipper will advise and assist you in every possible way to Tag or Land your DREAM FISH on board our boats. Game Fishing/Marlin Fishing from R4200.00 to R5600.00 per boat per day. Please note: Our Boats can only take a maximum of 4 OR 5 people per boat per day. We will cut, photograph, pack and freeze your fish for you. We also have a fish cleaning area, and boat wash area. (Rods, Reels & Bait Supplied)
Jan Schutte, owner of LAST ROUND (19ft Yeld Cat ski-boat powered by 2 x 85 Yamaha outboard engines) and your skipper, has more than 15 years of fishing experience in these indigo blue waters. LAST ROUND go through SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Association) inspections once a year and carry fully approved safety equipment. We pride ourselves on a high standard of professional service and aim to offer every client a memorable and exciting fishing experience. All sea life along the coast of KwaZulu-Natal is protected so fishing is strictly regulated and anglers require valid fishing licenses at all times. Monthly and annual permits are available from post offices, or from KZN Wildlife offices.
Tiger fishing is the truly exciting activity, which we offer. These ferocious fighting game fish are rare to South African waters however enjoy these sub tropical conditions. Good sizes have been caught in the Pongolapoort Lake where the official record is 8.3kg. There is also a ranch dam, which is stocked with bass as well as tiger fish. The lodge has a good selection of fishing rods and tackle for hire, but bring your own fly rods and tackle.
Fishing trips are conducted in a 16ft Hustler (Max 2 anglers), 18ft Dorado (Max 3 anglers) and a flat-bottomed fly-fishing boat (Max 4 anglers). For bigger groups, the 20ft game viewing boat is used (More than 6 anglers, R150 p/p).